Monday, January 21, 2013

Entry #1: An Introduction

Howdy!

My name is Wes Taylor and I am a junior, finance major from Lufkin, Texas.


My sister and I

I enjoy any Texas A&M sporting event, being outdoors, trivia and part-time sports journalism.  I dislike city traffic, indoor confinement, physics and Big 12 fanbases.

I hope to gain a solid foundation of the business of real estate speculation from this class.  I've always been interested in owning rental property in College Station after I graduate; so, I hope to use this class as a basis of knowledge of the market to aid myself in the future.

As far as my career goes, I would like to start working in banking or investments right out of school.  Ideally, I would find a job that would put me through grad school within five years of graduation, but that isn't a necessity.  I'd like to establish myself in a larger company before moving back to a smaller town,  similar to the one I grew up in.  Upon relocating, I'd like to partner up in an investment firm or become an officer/executive at a bank.  At this point, I'd like to invest in rental property in College Station as a form of supplemental income.  Ideally, I'd like to have multiple properties paid off by the time I turn 60, so I can retire to Aggieland with financial security.

Regarding any unique traits, I really don't have any.  My east Texan twang is pretty distinct, which often leads to inquiries as to where I'm from.  Other than that, I am awfully ordinary.  I am a third-generation Aggie, which is something I'm extremely proud of, but isn't overly uncommon these days at A&M.

My Bucket List hasn't really developed into much of one at this point in my life.  I hope to visit every campus in the SEC when A&M visits for a football game.  So far, I've made Ole Miss and Alabama, and plan to add Arkansas, LSU and a return trip to Ole Miss next fall.  Sticking with the Ags, attending a National Championship Game featuring our boys has been, is, and always will be the first item on my Bucket List...hopefully I can cross it off sooner than later!  Other entries on the list are: own a large piece of land that I can play around on, visit London, Rome and Boston, coach as many little league teams as I can and get an article published in some print medium.

Here are a few of my favorite websites:

AggieYell
Gigem247
Both of these sites cover the latest happenings with Texas A&M Athletics and Recruiting.  Both also provide message boards for members to discuss and debate Aggie sports, as well as news, politics, pop culture, etc.

Twitter
Social media site that provides me with everything from sports rumors to what my friends are doing.

Lands of Texas
Site that lists thousands of plots of land for sale around the state.  I enjoy browsing them and looking forward to purchasing one of my own.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to continuing this blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment